Sunday, February 3, 2013

Cheat Meals and Change

I know right? First post in god knows how long and its about a cheat meal? Is that a chipotle burrito you see above? Why yes it is. And I proudly ate the whole dang thing my friends...

REWIND! There have been some MAJOR changes recently. Some of you are going to be whining "old news" for the next 3.2 minutes while others are going to get some whiplash from what I'm about to tell you...

I left Arizona.

Ha you thought I was going to say I got married, don't work out and live on carbs now right?!

Nope just suddenly decided back in September that I was ready to finish school... oh and I want to do it in one of the most expensive places to do that in... DC.  I'm over these awesome jobs I have, living in a state with amazing weather, people that I love. APPARENTLY that wasn't enough for me at 27 years old. Insert... you're crazy comment here.

Hang on... let me finish shoveling this flour tortilla wrapped, rice and cheese and sour cream filled chicken burrito (*gasp* you hypocrite!) into my mouth then I'll go on. I live for Sunday cheat day, just sayin. Coffee with *gasp* real milk and some type of pastry to start it off. (I went full fledged donut this morning....ermagerd.) Then I go for one of three things... burger on a bun, pizza or a legit burrito. Then its protein shakes for the remainder of the day. Boo. Ok let me continue this tangent... I support the concept of cheat meal or day or whatever. I've heard arguements on both sides, however, honestly the arguments against it don't exist much anymore. I am much better about this idea now though. When I worked in a restaurant, it was probably a running joke that I had a cheat meal once a day. But COMMON! I was surrounded by baked goods, fantastic pizza and sandwiches. Killer. Now I get me some nom nom gluten and dairy once a week. (Ok except this week but my dad was in town and we went to Zaytinya. If you've never been... OMG get on a plane to DC and go... right now). Luckily I no longer overdo it to the point of bloating and stomach issues, but the gluten can cause some super not fun breakouts. More like super unattractive. bleh. NOTE: if you have regular skin issues... seriously try going paleo or get your food allergies tested! Dermotologists and pharmaceutical companies are making a fortune off peddling BS acne lotions. If you're a vegetarian and have acne issues... then oh boy

Wow long tangent. MOVING ON!

Changes. They are hard. Emotionally and physically draining. That stupid 3 day drive across the country after a very emotional month of goodbyes that left me a depressed crying worthless person the last couple days I spent in AZ... reversed my progress of alleviated SI joint issues (tangent for another day). Then walked around New York for 2 days straight. By the time I landed in DC, my body was effed. CAPITAL F. Frustrating. So recap... move across country, start school full time for the first time in what 7 years? cant workout more than a couple days a week because of back and leg pain, and work... well let's not discuss that and pretend we did. Enter "lauren the emotional stress ball of tangled yarn" I need me a big pick me up!

Oh look its snowing... again. Well that was easy! five years old... right now. And its those little things that get me through the tough parts.

But this change... its gonna be AWESOME! It's difficult at first but I see down the road, and its freaking awesome. CAPITAL F. And I'm bringing back the blog. Not because anyone honestly cares about what is going on in my life, but maybe it will help one person. One girl who wants to be strong and be an athlete but feels the pressure to be skinny. Maybe I can inspire that one girl to be who SHE wants to be. "To thine own self be true"

I'm going to go on tangents. I'm going to post recipes. I will write my stream of consciousness and that will involve broken sentences. Get over it. I'm kinda funny. And no... I will not write about my not-so-existent love life. As I point to a few people in AZ who love to grill me on this *cough* that is just for me. I chose to not have it in my life right now, because I'm just too damn busy!

So in honor of today... "whatever you wanna go do, go do it. Nobody determines that but you" Ray Lewis

mmm go ravens??? 

-lolo-

No comments:

Post a Comment