Monday, January 23, 2012

First Motivational Monday!

Ok yeah I know its actually TUESDAY so this is a bit late. I'm going to start doing "Motivational Monday" posts. It may be a video, dissection of a quote, and yes it will probably involve a Bible verse too (even if you're not Christian, a lot of things in the Bible will still touch you). WOOT I am SUPER excited for this! Mostly because it gives me an excuse to comb through many videos on you tube.

I've started running again and currently working towards doing a half marathon. Motivation is needed on a regular basis for me. From my pre-workout pump up Black Eyed Peas music blasting in my home to my stellar running mixes I've made, and lots of self motivational talks in between... pushing past the pain and exhaustion is needed frequently. Last week I was running on the treadmill and seriously questioning why I decided to do a half marathon with only 63 days to train (well aware I'm crazy) and began to think about not doing it. Right then a story came on the TV about a 70 cancer patient who ran 10 marathons in the past 2 years during treatment. SERIOUS?! Why is it that these "make you feel pathetic" stories always come on when you doubt yourself. Ok God, I get it, I'll stop being a weenie.

so inspired by the run... here is an awesome video about strength from the shoe company Saucony...


No comments:

Post a Comment