Monday, January 23, 2012

That...Was...Awesome

My 5 am alarm this morning was a rooster. That's right... a rooster is a sound option on my alarm hahah. That just kicked the day off right.

I have become a major lover of early morning workouts. But for the past year, I have really struggled with maintaining my workouts. Considering this was my occupation and life for years, it took its toll on me and my body. I was an athlete in high school then moved into the fitness industry and also started running and racing. I spent almost four years working at Life Time Fitness. I'm not getting into the bad side of all of that, but I LOVE working out there. It is home for me. If you never have and are a gym rat, you need to go there. Their new slogan is "I can do it all at my Life Time." Well they are so spot on with that. I could never get bored there. Just this morning spent an hour doing a weights workout that I haven't done the likes of (mostly because 24 Hour Fitness is so limited) in almost a year. Now I wasn't back to my crazy 300 style or box jumps workouts just yet (but I definitely see myself getting there quick) but all my past motivation was there. I wasn't anxious; I was in "go" mode. It... was... awesome.

Finished up with a 20 min run (baller for me these days) and some more cardio on equipment you won't see anywhere else (yay cardio variety!). I actually got myself ready for work which hasn't happened in over a week, brought to my attention by coworkers thinking a did something different with my make up... "no I'm just actually wearing some and I blew out my hair like a normal person."

By 8am I was on cloud 9, had kicked my butt for almost 2 hours, and was ready to rock the rest of the day. I'm sorry is this the same person who was crying and confused the past few days? This is me. This is totally and completely who I am and I've actually been lost from this person the entire time I have lived in Arizona.

I felt so much joy the entire day. I wasn't lazy, I wasn't scared, and I kept myself busy. And I went back to the gym again tonight. Oh yoga is amazing to be the last thing you do in a day. To go home stretched out, centered, and relaxed before bed... GLORIOUS!

Helloooo gym rat and lover of the run!

I'm back :)


(originally posted on everythinglo.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment